Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Shanghai 5th visit 2017-Quibao


shanghai Quibao

                                                                       

                                                         on our way to our hotel

                                                          not much smog today





Shanghai is greener than Montreal





















FORWORD

Shanghai 5th visit

29 of may 2017


Its very difficult to leave in a condition like mine and its extremely difficult to come back to my shitty reality.
26 days without a road...Quebec reality is not what you think.

Yesterday I just could not talk about my trip at all. I was so depress to see the state of my property being reduce to mud crater war zone.

My misery life at home is very hard to accept; that for now on, I will be living without a road because of the bloody neighbours who didnt want the snow melting water to go on his original bed in the creek that pass under the street to his land. And of course the stupid laws of private roads.,,makes you wonder if you are an alien not being able to get any rescue help from anyone. Way to go Canada Im not impress. And just by looking at how Canada treat their patient in hospital pack in corridor like meat bags,  I am sure not going to get any help soon for sure.



So I have to plan:  a plan of action
Not my cup of tea
I am more than a monk boudhist than a Gilgamesh type of warrior. Luckily for the passengers; right!



SHANGHAI 
So lets forget that I am home and let me tell you all about my lovely trip to Shanghai that took me to Qilbao


First when we got to Shanghai a colleague of mine propose that we go on a cruise and after friday misfortune on trying to get my jeep out of my land calling CAA again to rescue me and spending the day in the mud I had not really plan anything to do that night so this was perfect since it is 5 minutes walk to the hotel in Pudong.

However this being said it took us 25 minutes to get there all of Shanghai population was out walking the town that night as it was Labour day celebration.




Lining up to get a ticket at the cruise boot didn't enchante my colleague at all, so we went to look at the Bund view instead. After starring at it for a while, I kind of propose we should still go on but this time by the time we got there, the cruise ticket was good for the 8:30 cruise but she didn't want to wait. Fine with me now I know why I'm always alone. When I say Im going to do something I do it. So we went to the grocery market and bought some lovely caramel pastries.
I watch the ships go by on the river that night and went to bed early.


                                             dinner-lunch before flight-snack before flight-
                                                                  I had 3 of those
                                                               

Asia night
waking up again at midnight difficult to go back to sleep
I went back to sleep eventually and woke up at 6
Its a hollyday maybe a great time to go to Qibao
and I didn't feel tired at all.

I left all my problems at home. I was really in Shanghai with a beautiful morning ahead of me. Why not!


rush downstairs

ask for paper informations
deal with taxi drivers
and left for Qibao
(pronounce tchipau )
on the Puhui river
71 rmb
73 rmb
144 rmb divide by 5

roughly 30 dollars( I will eat a bowl of rice on my return and some more hot dogs)


I have been dying to go there  since the first day

i didnt have much time but i told myself at least i will be able to say i have made it to Qibao


Qibao
seven treasures town in Minhang district

the place of old dynasty along the river side

for me it was just a typical village
and when i went this is what i got a nice preserve typical village where its great to walk around

I really enjoyed it
early in the morning before tourist buses arrive its ideal time
you got to see everything in a slow pace


taxi driver was supposed to wait for me for 10 oclock departure
that will give me 2 hours and a half kind of in Qibao
plenty of time to go back in case of trafic jam and enough time to rest before my flight. ( 2 hours nap)


I went to the temple first
I was a bit deceive from the 7 treasures temple maybe I should have investigated a little more in the garden.  i dont know why, I tought I could go up the temple.
what ever maybe because they didnt kept th old charm of the place I dont know.






























I started to walk along the river and saw those beautiful bridges



it was great

i wonder around to find the famous tea house but because it was the holliday this one was not open what a bummer but still love to be there

walking in those narrow streets with wooden buildings of ancient centuries was great

no cricket sound
no blue lotus either like TINTIN

but I had my lotus leaf rice that was not great actually as it was cold


Tchang Tchong Jen jeune chinois catholique de Shanghai aida Hergé a publié son livre Tintin et le lotus bleu
Le sculpteur verra tout ses oeuvres detruites pendant la revolution de Mao
Tintin le belge a effectivement perdu trace de Tchang et apres maintes tentatives il le retrouva
Celui qui a propulsé Tintin au sommet de la gloire. Hergé en était conscient il le remercia sincerement a ce qu il parait. Hergé est mort en 1983 et Tchang finit sa vie de sculpteur en France a l age de 93 ans en 1998
mai je n ai pas vu sa maison mais ce livre de Tintin a été fait a l image de ce village.



Qibao

dynastie Song
dynastie Ming
dynastie Qing

I didnt see the big lotus the big bell but I shall return
I didnt see either a shade show or a cricket race or battle
but the village of the 7 treasures is a fun place to visit







for me this is a great picture











ok I heard a bunch of men at this restaurant so I decided to go as well it looked popular but when i cross the bridge and saw what they were eating early in the morning i turned around. Didnt feel like chewing on pig bones with nose and all. Its all about the nose...

















I went to eat some won ton soup with crab and watch  old men changing the world together chitchatting spitting and smoking while I was having a battle with my won ton tang
hot and good.


5 old dynasties
10 kingdoms period
on the PUHUI RIVER









 love little back alleys


                                       i was so hoping to drink tea here maybe another time











hum



all along the small streets  were food merchant getting ready for their big days cooking all sorts of stuff with no name for me to tell you all about it
just great to be there and escape the skyscraper world for a change





 ok time to eat  won ton soup with crab
there are many options here
I heard the spicy pork is famous here but in the morning my stomach would love eggs and bacon but
when in China do like the Chinese


 she was cooking them right there this is what i love about this place














if only I could afford it i would of buy a lot of stuff here





oh boy its funny it always seem when i stop for breakfast people arrive all at the same time
to surprised me
woa
i was all alone with the locals





and now tourist are shoulder to shoulder trying to see it all eat it all and love it all



that is my pic of the day
a huge oven made out of salt to cook small little eggs in salt

and even beside they manage to roll them out in small salt package





i think it was 10 yuan for a box










amazing the entire village had doors like this

 oh that looks really good





chun juan anyone?
egg rolls
i should have tasted them really i regret


 pig kingdom


so cute those little things



these look delicious
healthy and delicious



 made right on the spot how fresh can it be





 rolling rolling its all in the art of rolling






oh this place was interesting
beans of all sorts with black ...string I dont know not vanilla for sure I dont know



very famous here fava beans

 so well done





after wondering around I went back to my spot to grab my taxi but he was no where to be seen luckily the spot is full of taxi but you need time to adjust to the situation
on the way back the place as gotten full to the rim
buses cars people
Oh my god
I was glad I came early

hum looks yummy
















 love that one
its the grand parents who are babysittting the young one
grand pa or grand ma
yéyé
nainai
waipo
waigong



 human work









new generation



 i think its bamboo
bamboo heart












not much space to swim but you point to the one you want and the lady will grab it for you with her bare hands hum






every body here is working
fava bean a very popular bean here








manma chi! Bon appetit!


mian tian anyone? right outside I should have bought some for my return flight


































the police was nice enough to call my taxi driver who was supposed to show up in 10 minutes 
hey he never did

i have got to go
i was paying him to stay not to go away
im glad i took the decision to leave as the trafic was quite heavy but still manage to get in the time frame.








someone hack my camera for god sake what happen is a mystery
none of my video are good
they are all in slow motion
go figure

when I travel I rarely check videos as it takes too much battery
I know I complain on twitter about not being able to view my video on my LG TV
so maybe...
as this camera as wifi who knows
if you guys have an answer let me know
there is one buttom to make movies
i am really out of luck this year
did not see the cricket boxing match...either.


so if you go dont ask the driver to wait for you


Because i enjoyed my morning in Qibao my flight was long but when I was tired I could just remind myself that I was so lucky to finally went to the lovely Qibao village





the return was even worst than before
got to sleep at my mom as the plane arrive late again
and in the morning i went to the basement in my house
I now own a floating house just like in Qibao

how lovely
i didnt want to do anything after all day

late in the afternoon an old aunt was dying at the hospital so we rush to go there
but how
I dont have my car
I dont have a road

i had to wait for someone to come and pick me up as i leave my car at my moms place
so it doesnt get destroy

so this is it
no movie to show you guys but plenty for the eyes i hope
you enjoy your visit
because I certainly did maybe i will go by metro next time to try it out
until than stand by for more visit
i will be going 2 more times this month


or maybe I should go back to Qibao to try the hong shao rou...


P.S. 1 video on 18 that was not in slow motion better than nothing
I wanted to buy the horse and the bunch of chicks
very expensive


cell phone pic








No comments:

Post a Comment