Thursday, March 23, 2017

SHANGHAI 2017 -SECOND VISIT

SHANGHAI 2017
SECOND DAY
24 HOURS
//////////////////////////






WHAT YOU CAN DO AFTER A 14 HOURS FLIGHT IS AMAZING
however this being said you can not go to bed even if you are tired you still need to beat the jet lag in order to function and the best way to do it in Asia is to stay awake for 3 -4 hours
This time  I decided to go out and see Shanghai by night. While looking at my book a crew member decided to join me; great, its always better with someone when you visit a new city at night.

Arrived at the hotel
I trade my uniform for a pair of jeans and the way I went.
30 minutes later I was at the desk to ask for the map, the hotel card and to find out how long is the ride to get there by cab will take and how much money I should pay for the taxi ride.
Perfect my friend is there got outside ask the door man to call us a taxi and to talk to the driver.  I want to make sure he is going to the right place and since I'm bringing someone along with me I want to make sure everything goes according to plan. We are going by the meter.
Great there is absolutely no traffic in Shanghai on a saturday. He dropped us off over there and he points to us a sign; fine, there is a main road with a bunch of stores but what I was aiming for were the back street alleys of Xian fang bazaar. Tian Zi fang. People are kind of walking away from the place.I thought it was closing but we kept on walking no matter what.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


We were here at night,  to see it all, shops, food stall and bars. Everything is very tiny but they all have their charm. I prefer them to big huge stores.

-------------------------------------------------





You can loose yourself in there
........................................................





But there are still some shoppers around
.......................................................................







Amazing I just loved it!

.......................................





 It was right on! A little Camden Town
..............................






Time to eat and try a bit of the chinese fast food cuisine. Good deals.
..........................



mini bars are all over the place
.................................................




Time for us to choose!
................................................





Take the time to look at all the dumplings jaozi...look at the one on top of the picture.

........................................




And finally we ended up next door where people seem to gather around for those (gooee jaozi ) less perfect but made by hand ....

7 - 10 for fast food


...........................................



we had a good laugh a good deal here

................






tobu

Oh boy! tofu anyone ? Black tofu probably soak in black vinegar octopus ink or soya sauce who knows ? one day I will find out
...........................












To remember where you are don't count on bike stand they are every where
.........................





A very trendy place where you can still see items like this but with a modern touch there was a lot of people here
....................................








What's your blood type sweety?
...................







Now this is big time favorite here. Do the fortune cookies really exist in China or no ?

....................


Here we are. Finally one of us had made a choice. Squid on a stick.
This is what's left but check the video later on at the end.

.............................




We did good on the squid
........................................


We sat down to get a beer it was St Patrick day after all
We drank a chinese beer and enjoyed people watching
or people watching us the occidental
We were imagining Jacki Chan running on the top of the roofs or James Bond coming by...
.....................................




Lots of fashionista people here as much as old one and police guard
......................


This is it we have been spotted by M. Xi drinking a Tsingtao

...............


 We could have order food but we were getting tired and we had to go back to the hotel.
.............




Relaxing here was great. Yes we could have stay longer but since we don't know our way around like locals just yet, we needed to go back to the hotel.
..................................................


Sitting drinking beers or mai tai cocktail here is in
.....................



This little english boutique here is great for tea shopping
................












 Too bad it doesn't fit in my suitcase these are actually street lights.
.......................




 and this is the way out of our extraordinary tour in Shanghai
...................



Ok we need to get a cab at this time if all these people are waiting we need to get another way of transportation or another street.
Ok the metro!
Why not!
.............................



 oh well its late I'm not sure if I can risk myself in there trying to figure out our way in chinese.
...........................


But France was there before me and used the metro twice so here we went:
asking directions was one thing
buying a metro card another thing
finding the right direction was the perfect thing
we did it like pros
................................




This is about the second time, I see so many people.
.......................






Open wagon concept here
.................





...............................................

We made it. We are here. Out hotel is not to far from here.
Oh the sky is looking bad
Had a wonderful time thanks for my friend who decided to come along. Its always more fun and safer.




The next morning
oh oh jet lag no
The room was noisy and not fengshui
Therefore was awake by a noisy air conditioning or heater and it felt like water falls dripping in my room. So I woke up because of the noise and turn and turn and turn...
oh not to good to go around and browse will see...

..............................



 not sure if it is going to rain or shanghai always look like this
.......................



 I went down stairs for breakfast
I enjoyed going there because I can  try chinese stuff and not being afraid to get sick
and it is quite interesting to see the numerous dishes they serve here.

Chinese cuisine is the most impressive cuisine in the world. I just wish I was not so tired to try everything. Even if you want to your stomach is sometimes not use to all this variety of food it need to adjust I just have 24 hrs so I can try a little stuff at a time.
.............................................


I love the breakfast at this hotel we can see so many items. Its unbelievable.
.............




Today the restaurant is full pack
Woa! a bit noisy actually, so the hostess finds me a quiet room, just like last time; I love it.
I got a great breakfast and saw strange things; let me tell you,I was a bit surprise to see the chinese ladies all in jogging pants, rushing to the salad bar in the morning.
Oh!My boudha!
They really love that stuff in the morning, line up at the salad bar, how bizarre!

.................................................................





When I saw them, I didn't smile but the man next to me was happy to pick one up maybe they put them in  black vinagar or soya sauce not sure on this to be follow

.....................................................


these green transparent green eggs are not my cup of tea 

.......................................











honey directly form the bee...
..............................

horrible maple syrup, nice exotic fruits
pitahaya

...........................





Breakfast done I was ready to go so I ask the concierge to send me to the fresh market but he didnt know it. oh! well, he suggested a place to go to, so I believed him, concierge are usualy a good source but in China language barrier does exist. When it's time to extrapolate in discussion it can get you no where and this is what happened. This was not a good day for me but I was happy about my night last night so it was ok. I tried to change money at the bank machine at the hotel there are 2 actually and none of them work for me. I could not get any money out of it. Well that was not good indeed; thanks to Bank National...but I told myself I have money on the metro card, worst come to worst, I can always come back via metro. So I went. Name of the place, hotel card...The taxi driver didn't seem to understand and this time I didn't feel like making sure: Big mistake, here. 3 out of 4 ride was good but the 4 time, I took a cab it was not good. The guy pulled over to ask google chinese map ok. He wants to make sure but it didn't sound good. He went on and I could hear the direction on the speaker but he drop me at a corner street showing me like the others the place to go even tho I didn't see any merchant.  I told myself the other time it was like that, so I paid 20rmb and got off in a no where zone to be found: no market! Shit! A few stores, a building with the adress and no market piss me off! I got fucked ! Look for a metro; none around. Wave a taxi back to the hotel and walk around for the rest of the day. Well without money in my pocket to take a cab in case of another mistake it was best for me to stick around close to the hotel but I told myself, let's try the metro
so I went inside, got downstair, asked a lady to make sure it was the right direction but this time:
no luck! She wasn't sure. I wasn't sure and felt like a chicken today maybe missing a few hour sleep as well made me weak. When you have no money in the pocket ....better not take a chance
I am here to work remember! So I walk outside.
..................................................................




 ah interesting bus tour but for chinese people

 ah this is a place I was looking for the other night
next time




 i was hoping to see a bridge to cross over on bund street old part but no luck
i decided to stay in pudong and walk the board walk



 conference room
navy ship ready to go 



 sorry my passion for birds got me stuck here for a long time and when you have no money in your pocket its a perfect place to be walk around and watch people well the few that are there
and the action on the river








 its polluted but birds can still catch lunch























 not bad I can see on the other side people watching this is where they are on the other side iii
ni hao everyone































The first visit i was too early and now im too late for the flowers
they are finishing

Shanghai is still on construction





After all the walking it was time for me to get my little souvenirs to bring back home and go to the hotel to rest for my night flight
I was in my room by 1 ate my ficelle with ham and cheese and a badoit
didnt feel like chinese food when you are tired ...sometime your stomach need your usual food and its ok as long as you try the local food for sure

At farine a french bakery in the mall they makes sandwich as good as in Paris trust me!
Went to super city got a few sauce pot tea


This brand name sauce is to die for any sauce we have tried so far are excellent you can find them at super city

and this one its the general of all spice
its kind of hot
you can spread it on a piece of bread like an italian bruchetta

or you can cook with it noodles shrimp name it

too bad they put the sticker to big for us to read
we just improvise


 why take so many pictures because you just hope that one will be perfect no smog


                    its amazing to see many asiatic tourist and hardly any occidental one









Went to bed all afternoon before my flight!
Will return 3 more times next month lucky me!


The mandarin translation will follow.... iii

No comments:

Post a Comment