Thursday, July 28, 2016

Grand Métis Quebec Canada #1 & #2

Bring your
bathing suit
sun tan lotion
pack sac
water bottle
diver boot-
rain boots-
rain coat-
warm clothes
near the shore it can be chilly and very hot on the beach
bring your
bike
kayak
dingy bring yourself
ok
CAMERA
no time to chat
got to go
climb the rocks again au revoir !
need to work on my blog when I get home.

suggestion:

if you come bring your
hibachi
stop at the poissonerie ( fish market shack)
get yourself some fresh shrimps a hot dog bread mayonaise and chives and make yourself a nice guédille
as they call it here and park your car in front of the ocean
it will be cheaper fresher and delicious to eat!
lots of picnic tables every where or simply go on the beach crack a fire and cook yourself some dinner
I dont recommand eating in the restaurant too expensive for what you get
over cook lobster ridiculous price for tasteless food
and we are not in Italy here or France here and our Quebecois chef who are as good as french chef did not come to this part of Quebec yet...
and I dont know if you are like me but going to a fancy restaurant every single day of your vacations can be expensive...
so to each its wallet but
you dont need to pay over price food
this side of the coast need to slack on the price


You come to visit to enjoy beautiful scenary wilderness and tranquility

Trust me go to the poissonnerie you can eat fresh shrimp like potatoe chips as much as they are good and fresh same for the rest
buy fresh
its worth it

go get some nice wine and unwine at the Gite du Grand Métis


...........
To relax from my ecctic visit to Rome, I went to my sister's place. At the
Gite du Grand Métis
at the beach
to rest and recuparate in a paradisiac place vey nice and wild.

You can come here in different ways but
my mom 82 loves to drive all the way there
You can fly all the way to Mont Joli where my sister can pick you up or you can go to Quebec
take the ferry to Tadoussac to Matane
to see the whales
anyways are good even the train...to mont joli
as long as you hit the 132 road to Grand Metis
a lot of people bike all the way here too
you can go fast to get to your destination or take the lovely route
132 called
la route des navigateurs where you see cute little villages and all


seriously grand ma drives fast
can you tell her to slow down please
so i can watch the view







ready for the beach
my driver is speedy gonsalez mama
she just turn 82 and still can go behind the wheel and drive
fine with me





















my dog loves the fresh air of the ocean






yes!
we finally arived to our final destination


spacious
like the area
spacious room
places to hide
places to go

infinite view of the ocean
calm at last

rest
peace


my sister was waiting for us with a nice glass of wine
like she does to all her guest
what a lovely gesture!
then we unpacked for the week
and had a great dinner with an ocean view
nice BBQ
we went to bed early and slept very well
we woke up at the sound of seaguls and had a large breakfast
fruits croissant eggs name it
it was perfect
before my treck on the beach an excellent breakfast is always welcomed


put on my rain boots and went looking for treasure with my dogs
walk and walk for miles and tried to go as far as I could before the tide came up again
but did not brin my diver boots with me snif snif
too slippery

after an afternoon at the beach we went sightseeing






they were quite far but great to watch


the summum of my trip to see them wild



they hang around a special spot
I wont tell you in case you are Danish and you want to slice them like the whales
no thank you
but if you go at the Gite du Grand Meits my sister she will tell you where to see them





it was quite foggy
unfortunately



that day we were on our way for grocery shopping
so Starlett my dog didnt get to see them
wish I went back but
I didnt have my car and my mom and sister were too busy to go back there


The seals really have a good vision these ones








they were far you know




cute











nice library



little town near by


ok all along the littoral you have wild roses wild flowers
and this  beautiful bush tree call
philadephinius
it smell like jasmin
zone 3
also
it could fit anywhere









we went back in time with that one where dozen of hotels were fully pack with tourist form around the world
rocking the place up




typical Grand Métis sur mer  fence 
but they are famous for they cedar tree fence 



dont tell me you dont like this view





cute








dinner is ready
Crab it
and cook it
tooo bad i couldnt find 2 more of that size





Starlett can you find me a nice sailor





















with a pair of rain boot its ok but it gets too slippery if you want to climb
so that s why you need the
diver boots the best




















they are plenty of books on historical events that took place here in Grand metis sur mer



nice freshly bake calzone done my my sister for dinner

















weird
fish






the challenge look small but hardly impossible to do you have to wait for the tide
and jump over to the next one and the next one but in themiddle you have water quite deep and i had boots on so i could not do it i try 3 days
try barefeet but tiny little shells are on the rocks to hard for my feet
next ttime i will bring my diver boots but i pack my stuff in 15 minutes so
this is what happened
when you look at the picture it looks tiny













you see
you sea
you see i went all the way there
pass the christmas trees
and my goal is to go to the end of the point there
one day





the mobile grocery
stop her when you see her
she has a lot to offer










































had a nice dinner

nice chat with my sister and my mom

watching the sun set

No comments:

Post a Comment