Friday, November 8, 2019

Suzhou China part 1

sorry no time to download video come back in a week

Purpose of the visit:

Ancient water town
versus
the city that builds the mostqqqqqqqqq computer in the world
Suzhou
Soochow
or the
Unesco world heritage
200 gardens
69 preserved garden classical gardens

If you have to visit one
do the Humble Administrator garden
( will keep this for springtime visit need to know how to get there first)

Sutzoe
Wu

6th century BC
Ming
Qing Dynasty 1664 -1912
Zhou Dynasty
silk silk silk
beautiful women
romantic
little bridges
fish spicy pork ribs and crab
population 4 M in 2010 ???
66km west de Shanghai
1 of the top richest city in China
Whoa!

I got to stay in Shanghai for 2 days

Well, not quite but they say 2 days.
You arrived at night go for dinner.
The next day you have all day all night
Then the other day, you have all morning


I was privilege
Some rather stay in their room or sleep all day it's their business but you can do that at home too; right!

So, first, I wanted to try the Maglev hoping to catch it to go to Suzhou but a bit too much to do that all in one day...
Shanghai Airport from Pudong 45 minutes  by metro
Airport to downtown Shanghai by MAglev
roughly 10 minutes


Early in the morning, I went to the airport
took a Maglev and metro pass for the day
55Rmb
it was cool to be on the fastest train










moon cake filled with meat




so much pollution
its crazy
hard to breath
my hair had to be wash after one day out





                                                          Crab party iii!

pangxié= crab
it's a special one it's a hairy one
this is the season of the hairy crab



Afterward took the direction of
Hongqiao railway station

bought a ticket for
Suzhou
wanted to do Hangzhou
but
Wo!
You are in China here

things are super modern and others are super old
like getting a regular ticket for a fast train
suddenly it's an all-new ball game
go downstair show your passport and try to buy yourself a ticket at the counter
buy one way
I know you could avoid the long line up but you could also pay double for not knowing where to go or get on time to catch your train because you decided to have a cup of tea
fast train
first-class
arrived in Suzhou
on the recommendation of this young person living in Suzhou, I took the taxi and went to
Yang cheng lake to eat a crab
oh well
it was further than I thought
but hey
the entire world was coming here to eat pangxié

so long story short
choose my crab order my crab and waited while the local who arrived after me feast on their crab...
well well this will be done somewhere else I give up waiting
catch a taxi ride...easy said than done trust me and went to the Seven-mile journey along the canal
perfect
this is the reason why I came all the way here but not enough time to spare.


beautiful extremely hot day
the pollution is somehow hard to handle

but so much to see and so little time









Leave the pollution behind the modern era and enter the ancient way
wonderful!









































Gambling park
























the famous crab
pangxié
le crabe poilu


All the finest chef of Shangai serve the only best: The crab from Yang cheng lake 

















why so many pictures
maybe I wanted to jump
waiting for Bruce Lee or James Bond to appear
or an ancient fellow from the Ming dynasty who knows











recommend by me for your first night in this part of the world
at night you could walk along and be happy





I went inside a hotel resort but could not read the Chinese menu and all the meal I know how to order in Chinese was not available in this fancy beautiful little boutique hotel
order a kokele listening to Chinese music to relax along the canal
perfect after a long day in the crowd
went around again but time was limited
since it is not easy to get by I figure  will come back but I needed to go back to shanghai
take the train again  and the metro to my Pudong hotel

























They say the girls in Suzhou are very pretty. Here is the proof.








what a code bar on this


charge your cellpone




buy anything with a code bar




the parrot is a translator app

waiting for Shanghai train...




I arrived at another railway station
language barrier
he only gave me the bill but not the ticket

one advice

keep your ticket and show it to the taxi driver it has the name of the railway station so worst come to worst if you get lost you can manage to go back to the train station but even tho I show my ticket he did not give me Hongqiao railway station only Shanghai
and charged me 9 RMB more

its old process with a bit of modernization but not enough clerk for so many people who wants to take the train

Ouf!

Stranger:

Aliens need to show their passport
they need to walk a thousand stairs and go down
and up a thousand stairs to pass security check...
wait for the train
take the train
Oops!
wrong railway station in Shanghai
but
I am an expert
iii!
I will have to change line 1 to take line 2
oh well!


overall an extraordinary day in Suzhou China...


The sad part is never being able to stay for the night and see it all...

Lucky
yes I am lucky but there is always a price to pay for little joy

arrived home and had a flat tire and needed to change not one but the 4 tires on my jeep

Where is that rice wine again
I definitely need something strong!









 xia and pangxié at the hotel at the hotel



Second day in SHanghai
yes!
I went to get a cashmere sweater for my mom who babysit my dog and went to buy some peanut sauce fresh mian tian and pastry for xiao long bao





















I went to this amazing bird office where I man watch one bird in a cage and they all sit in one room
when you come in the bird sing very loud  since I am a stranger you dont want to intrude but
it was something
wish I had time to download the video of the birds
but you see one man who bought 3 birds and he leaves with them on his motorcycle.
the fascination of bird in China


On the way back on the plane I met this 82 years old Tai chi master we did some tai chi in the galley so much fun
but the other girls keep coming in the galley
she didnt understand the culture of tai chi and the respect of old people
not at all.

what can I say

I Love China! There is so much to see so much to learn form this civilisation.

I recommand you go before the old and traditional China disappear 

No comments:

Post a Comment