Saturday, November 17, 2018

Rabat Morocco Maroc second visit #9



#9 visit
Second time in Rabat
Rabat Morocco
2 days

Things happen while you travel unexpected event can happen that could jeopardize your entire trip;
be prepared.


On arrival in Casablanca  I went to bed like usual for 4 to 5 hours sleep.

I ended up waking up in pain. My leg was hurting me again that it woke me up.  I have been suffering from a work injury for the last year so I am use to it. I got up and took some codeine.

I went to bed but could not get back to sleep. The cars in Casablanca horning nonstop  was unbearable.

I have bursitis on the side of the leg that could be solve with cortisone injection but in Quebec there are no longer physiatrist to be found so I can not have the request for this kind of procedure.  Therefore I suffer.

It is not so much when I walk but its when I stop walking or move.

Half an hour still, not alseep, too much pain, too much noise,  I took a second codeine really in pain and have 2 days rest here so Im ok but...

But I dont know.  I must fell asleep 2o minutes not more and woke up in excruating pain not so much in my leg but this time in the upper right part of my stomach.
It woke me up !
It wasnt on the left side but the right side why was I in pain was it the codeine what the hell happen just there. I was just starting to sleep.


I tought I was going to die here. I got up as soon as I could, unlock the door, grab my insurance card ready to go to the hospital and walk a bit in the room.
I was in total panic here.
So I  decided to wait.
I went back to bed right away. I curled up.  I was in so much pain. This was unbearable.
Oh my god this was worst than galbladder stones or appendicitis!
This was a mother fucker pain!
Big time pain!

I was going to die away from home!
What was  wrong with me again ?

The last time in Geneva, I got badly bitten by a mosquito 3-4 times I even went to the hospital for it.  And now this.
I tought I was going to die no joke.
I got up to call the receptionist waited 15 minutes for the phone to be answered and ask them.
how much time does the doctor take to come to the hotel?

They told me 15 minutes but by the horrible sound of the car horn outside Casablanca  I imagine more an hour or 2 . This is serious I m in pain.
I was afraid to go there really,
So I suffer.
I tried to get some sleep it was impossible.
10 on10 is the highest number for pain well
I was at 50 on 10!
No fckg joke!

My 4 to 5 hours of sleep turn out to be  hell in Morocco. And since, I was on company time, I just didnt want to call for a doctor I was here for 2 days didnt want to book off always afraid they wont pay me as it happened ounce when I had H1NI in Mexico.

I finally contacted my mom to tell her that I was going to die and needed to call the doctor.
I could not bare it any longer.

But suddenly the codeine kick in, and decided to sleep for an hour. I than asked my mom to call me back in case I was going to pass out better to live skype open and wach me sleep.

But was it the codeine that made me feel like this? It was the first time I was taken it, it was prescribe by my doctor.

Poor mom, I didnt want to scared here but my sister who is a nurse wasnt answerring my skype messages. SHe must have been busy.

It was hell for 5 long hours of agony and I was too afraid to go see a doctor here in Morocco.
I did met 3 very good experience doctors on board the flight for my eye injury but here I didnt know I didnt want to leave the room.
I was in pain not being able to think properly.
You would have tought the receptionist would have come to see if i was ok but no.
My mom stayed with me on skype all along until I felt asleep finally for a couple of hours.

And I woke up like nothing happen.
really I m glad my mom was there to witness what happened to me. I was suddenly fine like before like nothing happen...

How strange was that. So I went around the hotel to grab some cookies and have a tea in my room and went later on that night for dinner with a colleague trying to forget what happen.

We went to this lovely restaurant la Scala. Noting grandiose but clean tasty and with a nice decor. I enjoyed it and we went back to the hotel.
I was afraid to have another crisis of pain again.

The next morning, I was going to stick around but a crew member offer us the chance to go with him in Rabat. I have been there and liked it a lot . So, I went with him knowing that if something happen to me I will be with someone better than being alone.



I decided to join my colleague who was going to Rabat.
We took the train
From Casablanca to Rabat
At gare de port
Always have in mind there are 3 train stations here
1 way 36 dirham ÷7 cdn
1 hour train ride
We tried togo visit the royal palace but we didnt took our passport with us
So we took a taxi back to the old medina
Its a beautiful sunny day
The place is pack of people
Woa the last time I was here we were almost alone.
Akrham my co worker decided to stop for a juice of nanon
This place has a list of 50 incredible juices.

I could not believe my eyes I saw Moustafa the orange turban guy. I saw him again. Unbelievable.
The musk oil seller.
We chat bought some more of this beautiful scented oil and we walk some more
This oil scented square you can put on you or in your suitcase or closet its really nice.
We went to the blue area of Rabat near the water site to say hello to this great artist with a peacock pet.
We chat with him and went on to find the juice guy for a pomegranate juce.
The fruit of the moment
Delicious!

Than we went along the water shore to watch the impressive waves. We saw a nice restaurant but Akrham didnt know if it was good and didnt want to risk it with me so we took a taxi back to the medina and went to the great Nadji restaurant.
Very popular this restaurant.
We had a chicken with zitoun and citron confit
And some mint tea.
The decor the ambiance the food it was perfect. Charles Aznavour even stop here for lunch. The price was real good too.
75
8.5 on 10
We left to get Akrham famous pastry I got a box for my mom as well.
9 on 10

We than went to have coffee at the 7 ieme art café not to far from the pastry shop where all the artist from Rabat likes to hang out.
perfect
We met one of his friend on the way to the train station.
He said he was waiting for th evirgin in the sky
that kind of put me off so I back off form the conversation  the man was real depress.
We took the train back to Casa.

Akrham went to see his parents in Casablanca and I went back to the hotel.

I had 3 little delicious pastries and a cup of tea while waiting for shower gel to take a shower and go to bed for a very early departure back to Montreal.



















































































































































pouf my souvenir


musk
tooth picks can serve for bird feeding or to brish your matcha

lovely pastries

ceremonial yesterday was the memory of the Morocan victory over the spaniars


Back to the hotel I spend the day really changing my mind but always afraid to have another suffering crisis of mine.
I waited over an hour for shower gel so I decided to get dress and go to the spa to ask for shower gel.

I was exhausted here. Not much of a service here and to count on them if you are sick your chance or zero to nil if you want my advice same as Mexico unless you have an incredible mother like mine to stand by your side no matter where you are in the world! than go for it.
Thanks mom!

P.S. my physiotherapist think it was liver stones

My doctor doesnt know.  I had to see him when this happen, he said.
ya right
He didnt even check me out.
This is scary since I have that now Im afraid it will happen again...
standby for death
why didnt he ask me to pass some test.
I dont get it.
This is serious
what if this happen in 39,000 feet up in the air and you are on board
would you like to turn around because of a flight attendant being injured
well it wont be my fault
if the doctor is not doing is job right ?
I am under investigation
he wanted me to book off for what
to say i was under investigation
but he didnt call for any test any urgent test to be done
why do you want me to stay home
not having any test perform
I have bills to pay like everyone
This is ridiculous if only
he had call up for a scan
touch me
to see that one side of my body was harder than the other side...
what ever!
Im not staying home to wait for nothing.
He said lets wait for the echography result.
I had a pelvic echography plan not for my leg not for this event no for something else
it has nothing to do with the upper part of my body for god sake
even the radiologist say so
Im glad I went to Japan anyway
Why would I stay home
you tell me
Im alive for now.
I told him I m going to Japan
yes he said they have good hospital there
for god sake
what if Im in the air.
How long would I have to wait for it to reoccur?
There is so much pain I can endure and while at work I can not take any medication.

Lucky Im back home form Japan and nothing happen and that I have 9 days off but the problem remain I will need to see a paying doctor to have a scan perform on my leg and my upper stomach enough waiting in pain for my leg and enough not knowing what cause this
stone in the liver
how many
how is my liver
will it burst in flight!

Be prepared have health insurance but

No comments:

Post a Comment