Sunday, September 9, 2018

Israel-Tel-Aviv 2018-08-30


Israel
Tel Aviv

Montreal Tel Aviv

a very long flight

I had 3 days lay over in tel -Aviv

I went  there before on a 1 day lay over did not see much than. So this time I had 3 days and was hoping to do a lot more. However this being said,  I had no money whatsoever in my pocket beside a hundred box. I had redone my balcony so I was broke.

Israel is so so expensive you better like hummous and falafel trust me.

The first day, I arrived at the hotel that is badly situated between 4 highways, I had to rush to the grocery store down stair because it was going to be Sabbath the next day and I would not have been able to find anything to eat.

Everything will be close, no wonder I got to go to tel Aviv. I'm glad I brought my peanut butter with me this time. You know me the epicurian this was going to be a challenge of its own.

So rush out to grab some food. Lucky me.  I forgot I had this credit card that the company give me for above and behind outstanding service. $100.00 bonus that came handy this time.
I took this weird elevator and got out to cross over to the grocery store. I was not the only one in there.

I knew it was going to be different as soon as I entered the grocery store

This girl  who entered the store in front of me, was wearing a kalechnikov on her shoulder.
WTFCK!

I look at the checker, the old safety security man, to know if he was going to do something about it  he finally ask the girl her paper and let her enter the grocery store with her shot gun like she was wearing a purse.

Like it would of made a difference an old man against a machine gun weapon. Where is Zchwarzenegger or a muscle good looking Israeli man to come to my rescue?
Not an old man!
Woa! A little shock, you say...

After this reality check, I proceed inside where a lot of girls and guys were wearing soldiers uniform
They are all over the city; some with guns, some with plain uniform.
I had to get used to this kind of scenary.
So, I got a few bags of pistachios and limonada and left to sleep I was so tired.

woke up at 5 : 30 at night
woa!
Lost a full day recuparating  from this long long flight...

So I went out in search of a middle east restaurant but could not find any restaurant
I walk walk walk over pass here over pass there long long long highway to cross over where on earth we stay at.
nothing in sight. I turn right when I got out the hotel big mistake. I finally found a chinese restaurant after one hour walk. oh well
La Giraffe. A chinese restaurant with a French name
how bizarre! I got some chicken nuggets and plain rice
it was perfect. I recommand it if you dont feel like middle east flavors. I always eat local food but not this time.
On my way back to the hotel,  there was a little square full of restaurants not lucky at all I guess.
even a McDonald. I stopped by for a sundae and this was my first day in Israel.
Shalom!




Impeccable beach











espresso




Problem here is there arent to many sign in english so if oyu want to remember the name of the restaurant take a picture unless you speak hebrew.













A jewish plate explaining where to put the food interesting.





When I was here many years ago these were none existant.





very popular my chinese restauran among Israeli people.












            In Israel a lot of the couples share one plate dish when they go out for dining.



Second day

The next morning, after a Shabat breakfast meaning no cappucino but nescafé and nothing cook I decided to go to old Jaffa.
I waited for the shuttle bus of the hotel, to take me to the other hotel on the beach
and from there I took a taxi to go to old Jaffa
you can walk if you can
its 36 degrees and Im not a camel

So for me to be under the heat, there is so much I can walk
I walk an average of 20,000 steps per day enough for me

So this cost me
40 shekels
I arrived there and was walking around the port
great area to go to
losts of fun places to eat
I imagine its even better at night

Unfortunately for those with small appetite,  its not so convenient as they have an Israelian concept
for restauration in a lot of those establishments. They put down on the table about 20 tiny dishes while your fish is being cook
but for me this formula is overwehlming for a lunch in that heat.
You feel to eat only small portion
so I decided to eat where I ate many years ago at
Aladin and sit there enjoying the view
It was breathaking such a beautiful day.
I took a taxi back to the hotel by the ocean and waited for the shuttle bus
sitting on the beach in the shade area:  too hot! is too hot!
went back to the hotel and ate left over hummous and taboulé from lunch that was not so great but the limonada was perfect.



too funny they post this in the hallway to remind you
















very nice store for shopping exclusive designs very artistic people decor painting jewelry







































































Third day,

Tel Aviv Jerusalem
2 hours train ride

The next day, suprisingly, I woke up early so decided to take the train to Jerusalem
but when I got there they told me there was no train
the railway was in construction
Hum!
I got out looking for the bus station
no help from people passing by
no one seems to know where was the bus station
or even speak tiny little bit of english nup!
oh well
I went back to the hotel waited for the shullte to take me back to the hotel at the beach and from there took a taxi to go to Carmel market
not quite what I was expecting
it was a melting pot of everything
nothing like Morocco or like La Ramblas in Barcelona nup!
food among shoes, drinks next to the panty hose stall
not my forté
so I went to this other place
NEv Hezdeck area
nice neighbourhood
I enjoyed the chic and trendy people all over the place, very nice to hang out. Again another great place to go out for dinner.
Afterwards, I went to the blu beach
very nice
spottless
and tranquile love it
The problem for me, is I took some sun in Morocco in order to be ready for Israel, well it turn out I'm allergic to sun now . I made a big rash and was unable to put my bikini for sunbathing.
so I just sat and watch the others ....boring
so I walk all the way to old Jaffa again
Now this time, all the stores were open and we could browse all day long
it was a very hot day again
too hot to even walk
look for a place to eat
falafel
why not can not go out of Israel not trying falafel
the smell turn me off and throw out my meal

took a taxi
45
to go to difenkel street
something like this
i tried shawarma kasher
what a mistake
i could not tell what I was eating lamb chicken or beef
omg
wrap it up and throw it out in the garbage

awful

went back to the hotel
stop again after all that walking to Mc Donlad for another Sunday

and got some bagel at the grocery store to eat in my room. I had bagel and peanut butter for lunch and dinner...
Too expensie to eat out but I dont know if its the heat that makes me not eat what I order who knows
didnt eat much over here.

Im glad there was bagel and bags of pistachios.




















halva very popular dessert in many countries but not my kind of desert it taste a bit like flour



they have really nice cheese and yogourt

ne of the rare sign in english

















I must say the beaches the sand the good looking Israeli people is a good reason to go. The sand is just like flour. The beaches spotless.
But over all extremely expensive.

So if you want to tour go on your own the organize tour or way out of reach hire a driver take the train rent a car but avoid the tours.

I was on a budget this time so I kept a low profile I had to rebuilt my balcony so it was a bad timing for me.
I will definetely go back to see all those great places Masada and all.


I have more pictures but I can not put them lets see


































I could have done my kitchen counter with these beautiful ceramic tiles




check the big bell


very nice hotel






what a nice way to get conscious about this major problem


fun street





save ounce more by mc donald
im not joking



 ok it doesnt come out but htis beautiful bird was blue
so beautiful






























Why do people go to Miami
get on the plane and fly to Israel really
Is it worth the long flight
yes definetely

souvenirs from Jerusalem
lots of pistachios
cashews for my mom who babysit my dog all that time
olive oil
halva
pomegrenate
grapefruit.


No comments:

Post a Comment