Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Maroc-Morocco-Casablanca august 2018 #7visit

#7 visit
      visite

Maroc-Morocco
Simply Casablanca



So!

I went back to Casablanca and this time, I decided to stay in the city and simply hang out and wonder around.


So one of my colleague wanted me to show her around and since I did not have any plan, I said yes and tried to go back to this awesome area I went before and see if I could find my way around the city.

So before we went around we took a great Moroccan coffee
Dubois
and I ordered a coffee I got an espresso
she ordered an allongé
she had a double espresso
In Morocco
this is how you get your coffee if you are not sure just ask dont be shy.

After that, we went to get some great Moroccan wine Comtesse for the red and a nice pinot gris
and nice cookies at the pastry shop.

We went back to the hotel and drop our stuff and got a cab to go to the witch market called
el jimma something like this
and guess what
now, I know where it is or how to get there
it's at the end of Habbous souk
Yeah! now, I can walk there from my hotel
roughly 40 minutes walk

I was happy to see it again as other merchants were there and it had a vibrant atmosphere.

                                                       





someone is having a little vermicelle snack here 


 guess what it is ?
its called Marocan tooth pick

 She was looking to buy the best roses
she smelled them all
20 dnm for a kilo not bad to use for tea perfume your shelves...



 Moroccan donuts try them they are very good.



So we browse there, again, it as fun and than I decided to look at the inside stall market. We saw some nice roses flowers spices and nice dates. So, I decided to buy a kilo of dates for me, my mom and my sister it cost me:
130 dnm for a kilo of very special dates those big one but something happened.

When I ate one date to taste it, I started to choke, I was litteraly choking myself to death
My colleague was looking at me not knowing what to do.

I was really choking. I  could not breath. It felt like someone was strangling me. I was looking for air
than I look around to see if there was any figue around.

Ah! My god! The figues were above the dates. The date I ate touched the figue.
I am allergic to figue but not that much
I guess so
It was severe I was oing to have an anaphylaxis  shoke
that I used my common sense.

Calm down breath breath take long, long, breath.

It lasted very long too me and I finally came back to me
It hurt me so much.

So continued our journey into the el jimmia souk but I was kind of in a slow motion I couldnt believe what happened to me just than.

we saw some weird person begging and we realized it was the untouchable.

Lepre leprosy ...

People who had lepre are all cover in white.
they were all cover in white
you couldnt see a bit of skin
it was something to see



Sad








I prefered this bread to eat with the mergues tomatoes and onions


nice antique wall lamps found in Habbous




I bought a little soldier for my tea pot
its a cover you put on top of the handle of the tea pot so you don't burn yourself when you serve mint tea.

Than we finally saw the butcher, ordered some mergues and ask for a BBQ
we had a great lunch and continued on towards Habbous to browse some more
we went to the hotel;
well taxi was long to get like usual pass 3:30 wait wait wait

We went to the hotel and took a good shower and went for dinner
but before we stopped at the hotel lobby for chocolate
its free chocolate time at the hotel.
not bad this hotel after all.
and one of my friend got me some benadryl just in case I shoke again.
so we took a taxi to go to
Mamnouia restaurant
again we could have walk but I was all dressed up in high heel
no thanks

dinner was quite nice but we were under a tree
and not to mention it I felt like my allergy was coming back...wonder what kind of tree it was
but anyway I was surrounded a bunch of first aiders
so no problem
mafish mouskila!
Here 1 on 5 of my colleague would react I hope so.
We took a nice rosé from Morocco
and  we had dinner.

I had a nice lamb tagine
it was tasty
waiter was real funny
great service
but they charge us for couscous with our tagine
but lesson here
couscous doesnt come with tagine
couscous is couscous
tagine is tagine and its mostly meat or veggies only
so after a nice meal
I ended the evening with a nice ice cream at Oliveri

Over all the meal was a good 7.5 on 10

The next day, I didn't want to do much, too much problems at home but I told my friend when you come back from the mosque, we will go to the cooperative shop.

We took the tramway the wrong way, than again, this way, than again connect with another tram
woa!

We finally made it there and than we had to go under ground
this I didnt like the passage is not very welcoming
but the store was big and clean but didnt get much there beside a great grenadine vinegar and some argan oil.

There should have been a nice coffee shop inside or a place ot eat because it s quite out of the way to get there
so we went back in town and could not find a place to eat really that appeal to us.
you dont feel like going in not attracting at all.

We ended up at the Hyatt hotel near the pool the sun was getting hot
oh well what a deception

They could not even make a croque monsieur properly
it was cold
the french fries were fried so much it was awful.

Very deceiving indeed and the waitress when I told her I didnt think it came cold she didnt even bother to take the half of my croque monsieur to warm it up!

Well, well, we browse in the old medina souk, where there is nothing fun at all to look at. All horrible stuff made in china stuff; no fun.

We turned around quite deceived and walked back to the hotel in the heat.

Its sad. The old medina should be attractive like in the other cities but not here. I wnet there ounce and I thought perhpas I was tired but no. There is nothing to go for.
So that was my short visit of 2 days in Casablanca,  I was hoping to like it but its difficult the city is all spread out no bus tour nothing or you go up to la corniche high end clubs and all or you go down local
but no great lace to have a coffee at a restaurant unless you stay in Habbous where oyu can have a great mint tea. They need to attract people with great places but its not the case beside men sitting at terrace you dont feel welcome to do the same. I will definetely find you a place to do that as I return again tomorrow an hang around Casa probably. Im not sure if I go to Meknes or not.

While I was at home, I was looking to get an Epipen in case I shoke again with my figue allergy.
Well they had a shortage but I dont call this a shortage
there was no where to get an epipen!
no EPIPEN
We are talking about Canada
What am I going to do?


The allergologist in Quebec never wanted me to do the figue test they always told me there is none in Quebec so we can not do the test Yeah right I have been leaving with this for quite some time when I ate one figue for the first time my tongue was really swallowed I took a benadrul and soak it in tonic water I was on the plane when it happened. And than another time, in a restaurant in London,  I shoke rush out the restaurant without paying and made it just in time at the hospital near by and than in Italy huge rashes on my legs just by the powder from the figue tree but the internist at the hospital dint worry about it. But It gotten worst every year, I went to Italy but now, in Morocco, a few times I was breathing hard but this time, I was not breathing at all. I shoke. This was a close encounter; trust me. You are far away in a souk in a foreign country.
You freaked out!

So I calmed myself.

Luckily my doctor secretary knew how urgent was this situation and I got to see my doctor so I got a prescription but no Epipen but a seringue where I have to put .03ml in the seringe and poke it on my leg.

Hum!
Really when the pharmacist was telling me what to do I tried to picture myself doing it and let me tell you when it happened, I had my two hands on my chest to help me breath
I hope now that I got so scared, that, I will stay away from figue ...
away from market,
away from traveling...
well!
I needed to take action

I love to go there. I hope this will not stop me from going to Morocco.




This could be helpful if you go to Morocco:




 

On my return home, like usual, when I come back from a trip from Morocco, I always cook for my mom and my sister I give them a Moroccan night. This time, I did a nice beef tagine with prunes and abricots. No figue for sure.



strawberries instead of figue for me
but my mom and sister enjoyed the dates!

P.S.
Il y avait un bon programme à la télé à TV5 pendant que j'écrivais mon blog
Il parait que si ça vous interesse que
Chafik fait des beaux tatouages au Marakech meme si c'est haram!

Maslama tout le monde! Quand vous voyagez, soyez prêt à tout éventualité, il faut croire que parce que j'étais à Casablanca je n'avais pas mis les bénadryls dans mon sac...

No comments:

Post a Comment