Monday, July 3, 2017

Shanghai visit #8 Shanghai China



                                                                Huangpu district
                                       one of the most populated district in the world



Preface

Wonderful after leaving my own little world of mine force to plant more trees in my forest ....order by the city hall I leave my new communist country Canada to another communist country China.


Departure

1 hour late again

Arriving in smog city around 5 : 30 ish
rain sun and all just like home
but the heat the humidity will stop you from lifting your hands up to say:
hurray I'm back in China


I had luck this time
I have a view on th river
Its spectacular

Yeah! the air conditioning work
Yeah!

oh! My hotel is very deluxe

But can not stay very long I have to go before my body crash
Up
Go Go or else you will loose it!

again no one is doing anything
going to bed going to bed twice
going to bed another time
oh well!
its there life

and for the chinese girls co workers they prefer to go out together
when they saw me in the lobby they invited me
but going to eat in the mall
next door
seen that already!

french concession discovery is on my agenda

when i took the taxi to get there, I had to wait a long time, too many people here tonight
the french area seem realy fun to visit
little tiny boutiques that looks all very trendy but there is no street light
so all alone I didnt want to venture out perhpas next time during day time.

its been a while, 1 month ago, so I dont want to take the risk, you need to feel comfortable before going here and there and tonight i am just going to enjoy a little of it.

too bad
it really looks fun and wild
snif snif



i told you we can not see a thing in a Chinese taxi

 beside that, my camera was at the wrong setting sorry when you rush this is what happen



                                                                  French concession




nice llittle shop all over cool



too funny shopping with blood type here or eating with blood type is very popular



                        blurry or not if you can not read mandarin this is how it feel anyway






                                         that must be nice to come back during the day here


i will come back in day time in 2 months from now as my schedule will bring me away from Shanghai next month

so

Plan # 1
go out for dinner
sesame sauce noodle
juma mian

grab a taxi
direction
french concession area where there are many restaurants and stores and bars esepcially on this long strip of bars that the govenement wants to shot down but going to drink by myself tonight I didnt feel like it maybe another night.


taxi
drop off
where?

hum
the taxi driver points to the front
hum

i dont see any # 14
ask for direction

hum my mandarin is already rusted after 1 month of neglect
ah Im so pissed off at myself but with all the comotion at home the road the tree planting stress...

I put so much effort to learn mandarin
dam!
ask for more direction
yeah!
I found it
o!
very tiny place
very pack
no place to sit

an old lady welcome me at the door
o
the menu is only in mandarin
i tought i was in the french quarter it could have a bit of french
just kidding
ok
well
lets see ho
wo yao mian tian

eat that famous dish
there we go
wo yao zhege
o
and that looks good that plate over there

wo yao nague

now i wanted something to drink but forget it
a tea in that heat no way
no coca cola here either
ok
im glad I have my bottle of water

I sat down
3 ladies were busy busy

people were standing in the restaurant behind people eating
to get there table

that bad
o
it must be good
she brings the first plate
the one to go with the noodle
brrr!
meat is cold  and the taste horrible

ok bring me the other plate


meanwhile everyone is starring at me
a couple dare to come and sit at my table
the canadian table
the one where the food ranger from youtube sat
actually here and recommanded this place

lets see if its true that those noodles are good

i offer the couple the dish of meat
they even refuse it
they must be regular customers for sure
iii
ok here come the famous dish

juma mian


the ladies are very proud of their dish
so they stand with their shower cap on looking at me

i took a quick pictures
not knowing if they wanted me to take a picture or not
im a bit overwelhmed by everyone looking at me
so all my pics are blurry but you will get the feeling of my experience

 the pictures in the taxi
i must have move the automatic to something fucking blurry too bad




                                                                       9 on 10
                                                            plenty of sesame sauce taste
                                                         

                                                           0 on 10 cold and not tasty at all

               you can not read count on the number beside the writing this will help a lot


                                   there was a lot of restaurant here to choose from ut not all of them had a number



so had a good dinner
went around a bit than took a taxi back to my hotel very happy to have dine out and see Shanghai by night one more time in a new area the French concession...
historic area very innteresting but will talk about it on my other visit

fun
and i came back at my hotel to see the spectacular view of mine
i share it with my sisters and mom on skype it was fun
skype and whats app works













while looking at the view I finish up a few of my prototypes for tomorrow morning fun
time at the textile shops

slept good
woke up in the middle of night
went back to sleep
longer than expected
went for a good breakfast at the hotel for the famous
jiambé

yes
delicious!
but this morning he went a bit too hard on the spice and....I choose to bring the rest back
since Im going on a no where
not sure if washrooms will be available

....
I was right!







plan B
do like everyone dream of:
welll it was on my bucket list
to have something made by those professional textile people
something I design
iiii
and I also brought some clothes to copy exactly the same size for me to wear.


so 3 options of textile area  to go to
i choose to go
there
south bund fabric market
in huangpu

ok

there I went
my pack sac is full of clothes
camera
wallet bag
hum better be good

the taxi driver spoke a few words of english
oh my boudha!

he is happy so he took me to
my worst night mare:
a beautiful bridge
oh my god
Im afraid of bridges
yes big traveler like me
long story

so I was looking at my papers in the taxi because we dont see much in chinese taxi and when he said bridge
I lift up my head and was about to die
oh my boudha!
Nangpu bridge ( 5 milllion people can take this bridge a day) check it out on youtube

this thing is a monster not a bridge
who design these chitty bridge to scare me

no joke apart
from what I saw, Montreal bridge is:  just for laugh it is a total joke beside this thing

but because Im afraid to go on it,  I don't want to move in the taxi, I dont even want to talk in case the taxi driver turn around to look at me, I am speechless, numb ready to faint.

i can not even reach my camera
but i had a glimpse of this
first its a spiral highway
like in the rockies road near jasper go up and up and up

and than you go on the bridge
lucky its early in the morning a saturday
lucky me
oh my boudha!
i made it!
worst, I have to come back
shit!

Lets not ruin the momentum of the day here
i survived, my heart beat is back to normal, I'm breathing the best I could in a smog city

Go on and carry on!

ok we arrived at this place. South bund market. The taxi has to go around and he shows me a very old street of Shanghai
ok
cool
my kind of stuff
than he drops me
so i got there but im too early
so
I decided to go on this old street
Im a bit scare since I have a load on me
back pack and all camera...but
i dont care!
i have to go and see this!

hum
cool
early saturday
hum

life shocking after being at the Shangri la hotel and now here:
in hell
where its boiling hot no air conditioning at all
people line up to buy food
they dont have much
they open their store were the bed is still warm form the hot night they get up, brush their teeth in a shared sink outside on the street, while the others go pour the toilet bowl in a huge garbage disposal
o my boudha!

what amaze me
is there is no smell like we smell in India, Egypt...
this seem so unreal
maybe because they have asphalt road they are not on dirt or simply communist regime

anyway its not bad
maybe the food stand cover all the bad smell

hum
jiambé for very cheap
mine was 20 bucks
shit
but the last time I wanted to eat on the street, I could not find a stall, here its one after another
oh well!


move along girl

eureka
finally a food market
yes
im very happy
did not found spices I wanted but plenty of noodles to bring back and sesame sauce....

it was clean and all for a humongous market
i was surprised here again
but
it was the beginning of a very hot day
so...

i had a good time
people were vey nice too me
but again I was so overwhelm by what I was seing, that  I film too fast, too fast, too fast,
was too shy to get the camera out...
dont know how to deal with this...
when Im the only white skin around
it's ok my experience was all it counted

I HAD A BLAST!










































now that is a hungry man



so perfect







i will it that tomorrow for lunch with my mom


so fresh and a live jumping off frOm his box he should be rescued







this lady impressED me THE MOST i got her on video later tonight will had them


i mean everything fresh here you wonder why do they need to put all the chemical in there stuff




oh this stand was something
all gooeee



it took her for ever to choose


                                                                 







I forgot to ask what it was black garlic!!! anyone has a clue ? bubs for sure but !!!




they were friendly an very busy after I  order people surrounded me it was a riot to see what did I pick so much fun !
afterwards I saw a lady pick some dumpling xiaolongbao doe I order some too
we will have that for dinner tonight


great time even with this heat





historic of the food market
finally my blurry has a meaning: I cant read mandarin at all








o my boudha i almost forgot why i came here lets leave this place to the textile building

ok
go in the building
not to appealing at first
wonder if i will find
my opportunity

to get rich and famous with my 3 prototypes
come in come in
oh no
oh no
i wanted to touch and feel the material
i can not work like this

i can see hermes came here before burberry
there you go burberry

come in come in
lady come in

ok because you have a rain coat I need to ...
secret

I can not tell you my designs just yet
they are 3 prototypes
so its just a start
a feeling
but i had a blast
i was in a thousand miles away from my nighmare
in dreamworld of mine!
creation!
yes!
i felt like Christian Dior
lacroix ...versace
i was designing something
but
i had no skill in drawing but the girl made me feel good
its ok lets see
ok
the fun started
she understood english
she spoke english a little
o
we were in business
but the granny next to her, had doubts
she made me change a few things
it was fun
but again the lack of time i have in China
dont expect miracle!
its around 9 30 and I need all the products by 1 oclockk sharp at the hotel
hum!
i feell uncomfortable to pay and have the goods deliver to the hotel
its a first!
you need to take risk in business
iiii
and here we are at prototype level only
iiii
this is so much fun
she gets the idea and it will be done
shortly after
but where its made
i wish I could see where its made the all work
next time probably

prototype # 1
i choose the nice fabric the type of snap
the god dam snap I should say
i did not insist on the nsaps
i  though with al the clientes customers they have they would probably know how to put on snap so i didnt loose time on explaining that
but fuck
it fucked everything!
they didnt know how to put snaps on and one 1 of the prototype she change the model of snaps

and for my other model # 2 of prototype
at the last second i change the material so it ruined everrything it was too soft for my taste and for the purpose it will serve

prototype # 3 they my mistake well it needs to be fix there is one thing that bugs me still to make it a perfect hit!
aaaaa

i just had a blast
me the french girl trying to go somewhere i never been to have something done in a foreign language
oh well
I passed the test
this was on my bucket list to do
and no matter the result
I had a blast of a day in Shanghai !

too bad i dont go back right away but I will come back get in contact with this girl an ask here to redo
the god dam snaps!
it didnt go on top of another they snap the material so it makes a bump
snif snif!
but so much fun!

but i do prefer a place like london or india where you have a feel for the material in a big quantity
that whats put me off for prototype # 3 I pick the material on a small scale could not get the idea
on a small piece


so visit # 8
in SHANGHAI A 10 ON 10

I MET NICE PEOPLE WITH ALL MY EXPERIENCE AS WELL





 lining up like everyone for breakfast
i mean not today for me but would love to eat their jiambé











                                                             laundry everyone!

 i think these waiters are getting the flavor of the day before the big rush hour  very big restaurant here



yes thi is where all the dream come thru iiiii



will find out at my return when i receive the goods

 back to my hotel
one hour delay
ah gee
i could have time to make more stuff






this is the billionnaire view


back to reality where the cold and miserable waits for me
but according from my research in China
i run a dam good life if it wasnt for this order from city hall to plant more trees in my forest that makes no sense...

here they aren't any trees and we are near the water in Canada
so there you go people!








 when we say climate change
this is it










we leave in a wonderful world if only people could stop a second and appreciate nature they would appreciate man kind

see you next time for more visit around the world!



eventually post the videos now i need to cook the noodles
JUMA MIAN!






No comments:

Post a Comment