Saturday, September 7, 2024

Madrid 3 dias in Madrid #1/3


Cellphone pic more pic ...soon

                ou la la
   The spaniars are one step       ahead in fashion for men

visit 
first day 
of 3
I just came back from Alger 48 
24 hours at home in Montreal
and back on the plane for a 3 days in Madrid
No need to mention 
I feel lost
I speak arabic to the taxi driver
french to the waiter 
and spanish to myself 
oh 
so confuse...


I feel like taking it easy today like this little basset dog


Taxi
14.00 euros

I had croissant and a cappucino at the famous market 
while everyone is digging in the tapas but 
desculpe
its 2  oclock and 
I just woke up I arrived from Montreal around 11 a.m. ish


After taking pictures of tons of tapas with my big camera I  decided to walk around that area.

7 euros
oh no my favorite store in Madrid
its very dangerous




lots of
cowboy boots 
(frange) 
and little vest 
to put on top






Afterwards, I went to visit 
Botin.


taxi
11 euros

viejo restaurant en todo el mondo
Botin!!!!




Botin restaurant oldest restaurant in the world
1725 Guiness des Records...

ils
se trompent 
je crois
je crois vraiment que

les Espagnols nous niasent

Cuisine traditionelle
3 ieme place sur 10 
dans le livre de Forbes pour meilleur restaurant traditionel.

Alors le livre Guiness et Forbes se tromperaient-ils????!!!

Je suis certaine que c est 
Abu à Jerusalem le plus vieux resto du monde
j y mange à chaque fois que j y vais. 

Intelligence artificielle dit:
 
que c est un resto à Strasbourg le 
St Peters Stiffkeller 808

mais quelqu un doit bien savoir qui dit la verité?

Since I m a freak of food  
I could not pass this opportunity
at least to take a picture of it

the irony 

I did all the streets around the mercado except this famous one 
where there are good and nice restaurants.




when I got there
guess what 

I dare ask for fun 
if I could eat there tonight
and the man said 
yes
I was thrill
I didnt even look at the menu
the guy said I could not eat inside 

well ok 
out side only if I can take picture after

he said 
ok

i had to leave before 7 
ok
1 hour and a half  plenty of time 
eating outside mean 100,000 people will take a picture of you 
woa
the little 
cochonillo is popular and expensive 

and it come on 

a table d hote
soup or 
gaspascho
I picked the gaspacho
cochonnet
an
sparkling water half of bottle of wine and 
the little pig for
59.99 euros
for an experience of a life time for the 
gourmet like me
Come on
I did not take a tlur 
this will be my outing tour

be advise folks at home this time I will not reproduce this little cochonnet dish because i wont find any back home unless 
this cochonillo is from Segova and is delivered in Madrid 3 to 4 time a week.



so gaspacho arrived 
in an orange version of the gaspacho 

so they did their home made passata and chill it
but again it could be bought like this

the waiter than asked me wht I  want it in my gaspacho to put in 
I will take a bit of everything 
cucumber of course croutons tomatoes and green stuff 
( Im jet lag all of a sudden)
did not want to eat it all to save some spot for the main course...


ok after came the piece the resistance 

if you are alone 
of course you dont get to have the little cochonnet in your plate
but a part of it 
the waiter should have come and show me the plate like the chef did afterwards
and explained to me which part I was eating 
the nose the ass 
what
what what
get a good sip of wine 
or two and dig in





The chef afterwards when I did the visit inside of the restaurant told me it takes 2 hours to cook 
at a certain temperature 
my spanish is limited people
and they speak fast


I would of cook it another 6 hours 
right to extract all the tenderness of the meat it was missing really another good 45 minutes and me
the longer it cook the better
so I would of stick with 6 hours turning it 
and what about the famous crispy skin

NO SALT NO SALT NO SALT 
blend blend blend
snif snif snif

I use to eat chinese pork belly or that famous Italian pork fat

 But hey ! I was in this famous restaurant sitting and imagining how many people went thru those doors to sit and eat...

So I stopped the waiter and he explained to me it was the front leg...
ok
sip of wine 
eat
but what the fuck 
these parts are ribs

Camarero!
these are ribs
yes 1 part leg
and 1 part ribs
right

it look like I was eating a big nose
and in the mean time the american were returning their pig plate
oh well
when you try something new you need someone to reassure you to eat your dish without hesitation.
The waiter should tell you all about it.

The inside restaurant was 
great too but surprinsgly empty sonwhy cpuldnt I sit inside adn rush my meal
I have no clue.

All these different nook to eat all the way down to the cave 
and down again to discover the oldest cave of wine
I am still debating about it if its true or not 
will ask my friend AI 
I will look for further info
Jerusalem India ..France !?!?!
no Spain
oh well

After my 
cochonnet de lait
The 
camarero 
came with a caramel ice cream I had the choice of cheese cake too but 
my stomach could not handle it 
too much food
strance color but good dis I have space for this
....
all I know is I did like my mom....

Oh no Im finish ....but....

what kind of flavor you said you have 
right....


So after my meal, I went to the washroom and went all the way down to 

la cave a vin...

a bit dark to take picture and scary too all alone


deep down dare I dare to go
I knew there was one wine cellar

La cave à vin
I took a video of it 
no pic but if you follow me on twitter or facebook you can see the video



il y a toujours une premiere
et une derniere
pour manger du cochonnet
iiii

nos pattes de cochons sont plus goûteuses.

il s agirait de les présenter autrement de les faire cuire puis de les faire croustiller la peau au four avec du sel bien sur.

Le cochonet aurait du être présenté à la table
et dépessé de ses nombreux os à la table également.

ils servent une patte de  devant et des cotelettes...
de coté 
joke
2 patates et voilà
à l ancienne
sans prétention 
mais la pas du tout
j imagine qu auteefois c etait comme.ça

même pas de beurre dans un tres leger jus à peine visible.
Alors le jus dans la premiere patate a disparuohnwoin
oi est le beurre 
camarero
est dans le jus
oui c est lui qui a le.jus faut croire
sert 3 tables
oh boy

Allez de grossieres patates rien de fancy ici
mais pas du tout
dommage car le chef derriere son four à haute
tension qui travaille dans un endroit restreint meriterait que ses assistants affinent ses assiettes pour glorifier
 le cochonillo dè Madrid 

qui manquait de gout de sel et de finesse.
.

Hasta Luego!
Pour la suite j hesite entre 
Segova et ou Toledo je verrai demain matin quamd j arriverai à la gare quel est le train qui part en premoer....




No comments:

Post a Comment