Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Seoul Korea #3


 
Hi everyone  
I'm back in Korea for more exploration of this Asian city.  

I still have to mention that this is a very very long flight. I dont know how the passengers do it really its very long. So  we arrived in the dense traffic around 6 ish at the beautiful hotel.


You can not go to bed right away or you will be screwed. You need to make an effort to stay up 2 to 4 hours.


This is our first day in Seoul                                                                                                                            So we wanted to try this amazing bar:

ZOO BAR

and great restaurant:

KYOCHON PILBANG

for a cocktail and maybe dinner at kiochon pilbang but according to the concierge it would have taken another 40 minutes in the traffic not tonight maybe tomorrow.                                                                     

We opted to go across the street for BBQ pork or beef BBQ. 

We opted for pork belly and a beer. A cook came and cooked the meal at our table how lovely after serving over 287 passengers this was perfect for us and a cold beer  perfect because August is a deadly month to come to Korea. 

The temperature here is unbearable luckily the restaurant has air conditioning.

We had a good meal.

We stopped by at our 7- 11 corner store a usual things to do in Korea. We picked up a few snacks for desert and back to our room.

Grill it and fill in the leafs. And again in Korea all the little things can be order as much as you can without a cost. 

More leafs please!


J'adore ce gadget dans ma chambre j'en veux un dans ma maison.


DAY 2


I slept pretty good and I was starving I got up around 05:00 ish so I got myself ready for my beautiful day in Seoul. 


First, I had to find a place that is open for breakfast early morning...it so difficult.


I tried the coffee shop across the street for a change, I was not sure if it was a car dealer or a coffee shop. 


Its called coffee bean and its a chain. 

Got in!


I had a coffee and a toasted grilled cheese; perfect.


but no fancy design on the mousse but it was very thick however the coffee was more a café latte than a cappuccino.


details...


I went back to my hotel for human service and asked the concierge to write down where I was going to go today in korean. You must have a hotel cardd or you are screwed if you travel by taxi.


Even with that concierge note its still problematic, Im not sure if he, she, taxi drivers: 

#1-they know how to read 

#2-need reading glasses

or 

#3-dont know where the fuck is this hotel...

Probably #3

Beautiful grand hotel but is so far away from main Seoul  far away from everything but if you tell the taxi driver, when you want to get back to the hotel, its easy tell them its next to the Hyundai mall, it works.


All right!


I will go and discover. 


ITKSEON DONG area 

taxi

12 000 won

metro #3 ga

Jongon station

A very important station.

You can visit 3 castles around here and a bunch of hanok villages area.

On the side of the castles behind and around.

And across the street you will find 

IKSEONDONG



A little cute area not to be miss. Over 100 little stations café bars built on calmness water and bamboo feature.

No rush here.

Spend a beautiful morning mid afternoon there.


Morning in Korea starts at 10:00 a.m

Coffee shop are all too cute you would like to sit in all of them.


But I had one in particular, I wanted to see from my very own eyes that I saw on tik tok and it was just the same

perfect

modern and asian style 

so cute so zen

CHONG SU DANG café

but I made a mistake I did not order the famous cheese cake or mousse what ever I order simple cookies and a cold coffee.



          Yes this the one











but dont get me wrong you have to go.



Too cute shopping the boutiques here are all cute.


Guys can always have a cool beer somewhere if they get tired while you shop girly stuff.

   line up

   its clean 
   kimchi pots


  very tiny little places
clean quiet and just too cute

  a french café
















so its a bit like an area in Shanghai China, all little mini streets in a labyrinth and its very clean!

You walk in it 5 times in and out and around and around left and right until you get daisy and you still love it but the heat....is killing me.


Here at night with little lights it  might be very cool to see.




There are a lot of  line up for water for ice cream its ...no fun so go early or late at night.

I will definetely come back at night.


Afterward I saw a temple 

but of course I went in 

elevator has air conditioning said the monk take the elevator not the stairs.

allright


Peaceful moment of the day 

but hot hot hot







I split the picture to see the details a little more.

   The old way...
    very old café.
   The modern way


I wanted to grab a taxi  the heat was unbearable. I ended up on the jewelry street couples looking at diamonds...behind a huge wall.


I hit the main road and saw 

the secret garden and the palace.




 

Just crossing the street was all ready too much heat so I got in and bought a bottle of cold water and relax.


too hot

ok 

I started my visit of the palace and waited for an english tour of the secret garden with no flowers.

its beautiful but I really tought it will be cooler in the forest. You better like walking. Its  a lot if walking.

I'm sure it is as much fun to come in fall with color trees or winter. 


little house, pagoda, water feature and a lot of walking up hill down hill.

secret garden reserved only for the royal family...








I took a cold apple juice after that having a hard time to recuparate so needed to go to the hotel a.s.o.p. 

I felt like vomiting all day really too hot but again another protest in the city jam pack. I was stock not moving for over 20 minutes stuck in traffic jam.

And on the other side this awful microphone of chirstian preacher screaming in my ears clean your sin.


yes right

no fun


so I got to the hotel

Luckily I asked 

Meta AI 

what to do for heat exhaustion not that I didnt know what to do but in case I misss a few things. 

Oh no

call an ambulance  he it, she  said

no way 

not just yet


ah 

lift my legs 

ok 

drink drink 

drink 

but it was awful...

I did not want to call 911 199 over there but it was a close call.

Wet towel cold shower sleep


I finally fell a sleep and when I woke up I decided to go for a bowl of rice and stay in the hotel.

When I was looking at the menu I saw my 2 colleagues that I had diner with the night before and we decided to try the restaurant in the basement of the hotel in the shopping mall.

We ordered bibimpap in a specialized bibimpap restaurant. 

How can you go wrong. It came with a soup and all different usual dip and sauces.

but oh my god!

I felt like vomiting again just the smell of it.

And it did not look good to me the sprouts did not look fresh for my liking.

Im so fossy when it comes to food eating around the world and I was not feeling good for sure.


I could not just run away, I was with my friends. 

Oh boy, it was so hard not to be impolite and ran away...


$19.00 down the drain


Yogeyo !

The waitress arrived with a pepsi!

fuck! Double fuck!

I did not want to disguss my friends because they enjoyed their meal.


so 

again another stop at the corner store  7-11 this time to search for something very salty. 

A bag of chips

bought it taste it perfect.

bought another one this will do for dinner.


They are kind of cook in oven so not greassy but they were not very salty and with my left over peach ice tea, I will be fine.


No fun. 

I had so much plan for that evening to go to this amazing food market...so sad.

but 

nup 

too hot 


36 plus humidity factor genre 48

I dont know  it was too much for me again. The second time the heat hit me bad.

Dont get me wrong if I had one country to recommand for food delight Korea is one of them beside their likes for SPAM can meat. 

It was not my day.



I felt bad but I stayed in my room did my schedule for next month even if it was late at night. 

I will see if  I did good in a few days.


THE THIRD DAY

I had all morning our departure from the hotel is at 15;00

so I had time to do something. I felt good so I went to my famous market.

Tried those famous grilled dumpling.

Delighfull.

And further up, I bought some sweet korean pancake to bring back home for my mom and my sister to try.

My my you get addicted ti this.


NAMDAMAN MARKET

To see if I could find my robber boots to fix my creek at home when I come back.


In an hour 

I had a good time!


I got a souvenir for my aunt  and my mom as well as  a pair of robber boot for all that rain, a great bag 

and a few sandals.


a bargain...at this market you need to bargain a lot but its worth it....

Everything under 20.00$ I usually find everything for $5.00 but since I had not much time this morning for shopping I was a bit easy...on the vendor

iiii


Love it !


I went back to the hotel happy with my bargain discoveries.

I never had time to get some lunch in Hyundai mall but I was hungry so I went.

OMG!

so many people on a Sunday afternoon.

Im hungry but Covid. .

I managed to order food found a spot and eat in a hurry such an amazing dish .

but I realized it was not Korean but Thai

but I could not order to take out I had to order and eat on the spot.

no plastic around

all real dishes 

too bad I had left over.


its quite pricy like Montreal 

18.00 but so delicious


















Our flight was delay 

35 minutes. 

Perfect, I had time to snooze a bit before our long long long long return flight.


The passengers are very patient especially on the return lots and lots and lots of turbulence, service was shorten because of that.


So my advice do like the koreans.

Bring a lot of Korean snacks with you on the flight ....and fill up your thermos with hot tea as it is forbidden to serve hot bevarage when their is turbulence. Stop at a café in the airport pass security and fill up your thermos.



Oh yes, I got this gadget.... but I can not tell you because my aunt read my blog 

iii

Next time....

Meanwhile, Im getting a little Korean snack...I finally dare to bring a big bag of these snack I use to eat 30 years ago...








No comments:

Post a Comment