Monday, September 16, 2024

Madrid 3 dias Consiguera Toledo #2 /3


Someone stole my page this is not the original page 
I am redoing a short version of it

not fun
but please continue reading me.
I was in Madrid 3 days for my lay over as a flight attendant.
I posted 3 days on Madrid.

So on my second day, I decided to go to Toledo by train and than to go to Consiguera to see the famous 
Don Quixote wind mill.
olive trees the olive are not good too eat they use it for oil.
    castle

          pistachios trees
           castle/museum


Here they are my wind mill
no I met Don Quixote....ennemy

When I see those I am just smiling.
They are not your ugly windmill we are seing now that are destroying the scenary no they are cute they have a purpose you can live inside...
The other modern one are just plain ugly.





Afterwards  I went to have lunch in Toledo after my visit to the spectacular Cathedral.

I took a taxi to the train station
there are 2 
Horrible huge train station
4 stairs down
now to purchase a ticket another road block
which train company go to Consiguera 
here there where 
i finally got a one way ticket to Toledo
13.95 euroos
45 minutes
I had time to eat a croissant and sip a cappucino.
So.many people here you can not just run to your train securoty check waiting room than you go.

I finally arrived in the beautiful train station of Toledo. Really very stylish.


When I got there 
I took a taxi driver
to take me there.

too bad no one wanted to come with me.

45 minutes
It wa s such a beautiful part of Spain 
valleys full of olive trees pistachio vineyards on oragne yellow field with mountains in the far back
Really cool
and when I got to the windmill the village was a ghost town
5 men thats it
and than
the caslte 
and than 
here they were 
in front of me
amazing and just like I wanted to see them
I was seing them just like  Don Quixote did
years ago

After some great photos shots I went to Toledo
I Saw this incredible cathedral with a bagage of history and stunning pieces of art, the puit de lumiere is out of this world, the  room of paiting from famlus spanish painters...

For me its the most beautiful cathedral of Europe.
Its similar design lkke the sepulcre in Jerusalem 
with a spalsh of gold and colors...

check the details

         gold gold gold 
You wonder sometime this religion is for the rich not the poor really see how much money there is in here and this part is behind a fence well protected but 



how on heart they sculpt this on an angle like this with what they had in the old days





I had lunch with the locals and bought some oil and pistachios and left for Madrid.

Ticket train perfect 
and the way to the hotel I stopped at Cortes Engles to get some wine  cheese and iberica to finish the bread I did not eat at lunch time and made myself a great sandwich with a tiny bottle of Ramone Bilbao.

I had a great day 


No comments:

Post a Comment